When we were departing Singapore for Perth Australia we made sure to allocate plenty of time to explore the Worlds Best Airport as awarded by Skytrax. Singapore Changi airport is renowned for its many impressive features – this airport is a destination in itself. We allowed 6 hours to explore and here is our guide to making the most of the Worlds Best Airport.
- See the HSBC Rain Vortex at The Jewel. The most recognisable feature of Changi Airport has to the impressive rain vortex located in The Jewel. Surrounded by beautifully maintained gardens it is the worlds largest indoor waterfall at 40meters. There is a canopy you can walk around so you can see it from different levels and angles.
- Take a free city tour of Singapore. If you are in Changi airport for a layover of 5 hours or more you can take advantage of the free city tour that Changi Airport provides. This tour can not be booked in advance before your arrival, however you will see the City Tour stands all around the airport.
- Pay a visit to the butterfly garden in terminal 3. 1000 butterflies and as many as 40 different species fly around the enclosed tropical garden. Best of all its free!
- Get an adrenaline rush as you wiz down the largest slide located in an airport. Situated in terminal 3 this slide is 4 stories tall at 12 meters tall. For every $10 you spend in Changi Airport you can redeem your receipt for one ride on the slide.
- See a movie in the cinema FOR FREE! Changi Airport has 2 cinemas located in terminal 2 and 3. If you have time to kill before a flight why not head to the free cinema. You will be able to enjoy the latest movies in comfortable chairs 24hours a day.
- Relax and recharge. Need a nap or a free massage? Changi Airport has free “snooze lounges” located all over the airport where you can take a nap while waiting for your flight. The airport also has many free massage chairs dotted around too.
- Take a dip in the roof top pool. Watch planes take off as you relax in Changi Airports roof top pool. Access to the pool costs $17 for an hour. The pool is located in Aerotel Airport Transit Hotel at Terminal 1 and also features a pool side bar, showers and a jacuzzi.
- Visit the entertainment corner located in terminal 2 and 4. Here you can play Xbox games and arcade games all for FREE!!
If you found this information helpful please share and click follow to get notifications when we post updates.
To keep up to date with our travels follow us on Instagram CLICK HERE
Are you planning a trip? CLICK HERE for an Airbnb discount.